Sunday, December 9, 2018

Deja Vu All Over Again

Maybe it is because I have a new laptop that I feel it is time to create a new Disney blog or that I am thinking about exploring being a Disney travel concierge or that I just booked a new trip? Whatever the reason here it is. Pete's Disney Obsession is a blog that has been in the works for at least the past five or more years and numerous attempts. Whether this is just another attempt or one that I keep up with is yet to be seen but here it goes.

So, if you have been with me before there are going to be overlapping but what I wrote about Walt Disney World (WDW) in 2012, 2013, ... even 2017 is not up-to-date and the stuff I have written in 2018 is outdated already. I am not going to write in-depth this first post except to say that if I give my opinion it is just that, one man's opinion. One man's opinion based on my experience and taste in food, entertainment, and/or resort preference. That opinion however, is from one who has since 2008 visited WDW eight times and as of June this year stayed in at least one of each of the four resort categories at WDW. I don't claim to be an expert of all things Disney but I do have a passion for what I write about.

Walt Disney World is located in Lake Buena Vista, Florida it covers about fifty square miles (roughly the size of San Francisco, California) it consists of four theme parks, two water parks, and thirty Disney owned resorts and a outdoor shopping, dining, and entertainment area known as Disney Springs.

WDW opened in October 1971 (I was 6 about to turn 7 at the time). I remember visiting WDW once when I was a child on our way back to Illinois from a winter trip to southern Florida. There was only one park then and we just visited the park for a few hours and headed back north. It wouldn't be until I was married that I would visit the park again (1994) with my wife, mother-in-law and brother-in-law and his family. In 1994 there were three parks; Magic Kingdom, EPCOT, and Disney's MGM Studios. Fast-forward to Christmas Eve 2008 and we take our family to the Magic Kingdom  and stayed the night and onto  Disney's Animal Kingdom  on Christmas Day 2008. At this point we realized it would not be our last trip and in 2009 we went in late July, early August then skipped a few years before going back in 2012 and visiting once a year between 2012 and 2017 and as I said before we are going back in June 2019.

Next time, I come to you I will begin exploring the Magic Kingdom. Until then have a magical day and see you real soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disney's Hollywood Studios

I have been lax on my writing this calendar year and I just finished a small blurb on the Animal Kingdom so I now attempt to tackle DHS (Dis...